Loaded Cheeseburger Meatloaf
I have a confession to make: I have a weakness for a certain fast food cheeseburger that shall remain unnamed. You know the one I’m talking about… two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun! However, I’m trying to eliminate lots of bread in my diet, AND I don’t like highly processed food. I have found the perfect compromise in this Cheeseburger Meatloaf! The special sauce on top really compliments the meatloaf! Served with some baked sweet potato fries and sauteed green beans and shallots, and you have yourself a delicious, healthi(er) version of the Big of Macs itself!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 cup white bread cubes
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 20 dill pickles, divided
- 6 slices American cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 3 Tbsp. dill pickle relish
- 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 3/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, milk, and egg, using a fork to break up the bread cubes.
- Add onions, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Add ground beef, incorporating the egg mixture and onion with a fork or hands.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, place half the beef mixture on the sheet and shape into a 4.5-inch by 9.5 inch rectangle.
- Top the beef with 10 pickles and 3 cheese slices.
- Add the remaining beef mixture on top of the pickles and cheese, smoothing with a fork or hands and sealing the sides to prevent the cheese from melting out.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes (or until inserted meat thermometer reads 165F degrees).
- Once the meatloaf reaches the desired internal temperature, add the remaining pickles slices and American cheese to the top of the loaf and bake an additional 3-4 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Top the meatloaf with half the burger sauce (see instructions below) and serve the remaining sauce on the side.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo, relish, mustard, paprika, vinegar, garlic powder and onion powder. Mix well and store in the fridge until ready to use.